We stock amongst other things:
- a wide range of coffees, teas, chocolate and foodstuffs
- beautiful jewellery and craft work
- hampers - bespoke or off the shelf
- scarves, bags, cushions and homewares
- gifts for men, women and children
For producers, Fairtrade means prices that aim to cover the costs of sustainable production, an additional Fairtrade Premium, advance credit, longer term trade relationships, and decent working conditions for hired labour.
Fairtrade is an alternative approach to conventional trade and is based on a partnership between producers and consumers. Fairtrade offers producers a better deal and improved terms of trade. This allows them the opportunity to improve their lives and plan for their future. Fairtrade offers consumers a powerful way to reduce poverty through their every day shopping.
When a product carries the FAIRTRADE Mark it means the producers and traders have met Fairtrade standards. The standards are designed to address the imbalance of power in trading relationships, unstable markets and the injustices of conventional trade (see our Links page for further, more in-depth information and resources).
Criteria for Fairtrade Goods:
- No child labour, children should go to school.
- A fair wage, families are able to afford food and medical care.
- A social premium paid of 5% on top of the wages for community development, infra structure, wells, roads, hospitals, schools etc.
- Low interest loans arranged to co-operatives for start up e.g. Traidcraft Exchange.
- Fairtrade ensure payments are made quickly to Third World suppliers as cash flow is essential to any business.
Help us change things for the poor of the Third World, who grow much of our food and make excellent crafts.
You can really make a difference!
Our vision is a world freed from the scandal of poverty, where trade is just, and people and communities can flourish.
Fair Trade Companies Believe In:
- Building lasting relationships with small-scale producers in developing countries
- Supporting people to trade out of poverty
- Working to bring about trade justice
Please come and visit us. We are open from Monday to Saturday, 9am to 5pm and you are assured of a friendly welcome!